We're looking for enthusiastic people to help us create a new kind of backcountry experience. You need not be a pro mountaineer nor expert conservationist, but these backcountry expeditions are physically, intellectually, and interpersonally demanding. To get a better sense for what you should expect from a Chulengo Expedition, please read our Expeditions Packet.
In short, you're a good pick to join Chulengo if you're excited about:
- Sleeping in a tent every night
- Carrying a backpack of 30 - 40 lbs while hiking 6 - 12 miles a day with up to +3000 ft of elevation gain
- Diving into group conversations about how we (should) inhabit our planet, being offered time and space for reflection, and working cooperatively with like-minded travelers
- Spending a week off-the-grid, with no cell reception
- Smiling through Patagonia's notoriously variable weather
- Acknowledging that backcountry travel is risky and you join an expedition at your own risk
- ...and you're over 18
If accepted, we'll email you and begin the process of preparing you for your trip. Note: we're often in the field on expeditions, so we appreciate your patience if we are slow to respond!